If you need a CMS (Content Management System) and don’t know which to go for, go to CMS Matrix to do a quick comparison on the shortlisted CMS you have in mind. That is of cause if you do have something in mind in the first place.
With the many CMS out there and the many types, its really not an easy task. Some are using a windows environment, some are using LAMP, some using Oracle Database, the list just goes on.
But there are a few things i do feel important to consider if you really want to get into it.
- It should be Open Source or cheap.
- It should have a huge community of people using it, so that when you need help, you can find help.
- It should have the necessary modules / plugins based on the features you need. eg. Forum, Poll, Comments, etc.
- It should be easy to customise to the look you want.
- It should not be a pain to use in the long run.
Hope you find something suitable.